If you’re like just about every other marketer you’ve likely heard (about a thousand times) that content is king. If you want to know more about developing your own content marketing strategy for 2014 and beyond, you’re not alone.
And the Kansas City Business Marketing Association has some of the answers you need. Come join us at a lunch and learn event this Friday, November 22nd and hear Carla Johnson, Principal, of Type A Communications as she’ll present on 5 Steps to Creating an Actionable Content Marketing Strategy.
Carla is consultant to the Content Marketing Institute, and has firsthand experience with the challenges marketers face when it comes to creating actionable content marketing plans.
Still not sure whether you should attend? Consider some of these juicy tidbits:
- 93% of B2B marketers say that they do content marketing, yet only 44% have a documented strategy
- Marketers say that one of their biggest challenges is getting approval for their content programs, yet don’t know how to build a business case to show why content marketing matters or what strategy they see will help them help move the company’s objectives forward.
- One of the biggest “misses” in content strategy is approaching content from a marketing perspective, instead of a business perspective.
Marketing has changed significantly in the last few years and we marketers, well, we have to change with it. We can now connect with customers in a myriad of ways, both online and off, and knowing how to do that in the right way, in the right channels, is important. When it comes to creating great content, there’s a huge different between mediocre content (which is everywhere) and content that serves your customers and prospects and, equally as important, helps them along the path to purchase.
Today’s B2B marketers need to know how content marketing feeds the new buyer’s journey and why you need a well-thought-out strategy in place to drive the sales and marketing engine.
Carla will cover things like:
- Why a content strategy matters
- How it affects the success of a content marketing program
- Specific steps to create a content strategy
- The two questions to ask as soon as you leave this meeting
The presentation is part of BMA-Kansas City’s monthly lunch and learn sessions, and will be held from 11:30-1 p.m. on Nov. 22 at Lidia’s. If you work in marketing, this is a must-attend event, especially if you’re like me and are passionate about learning from what works—and what’s challenging—for others in the industry. With the marketing landscape changing at such a rapid pace, educational opportunities like this can help you stay up-to-date on the tools and practices that will help make your marketing strategies more effective
In addition to owning her own agency based in Denver and consulting for the Content Marketing Institute, Carla is also a director on the international board of the Business Marketing Association, a frequent speaker, contributing author to the book, Advice from the Top: The Expert Guide to B2B Marketing, an Instructor for the Online Marketing Institute, and writes on the power of storytelling, content marketing, B2B marketing, and innovation for the Content Marketing Institute, Chief Content Officer magazine, CMSwire and other high-tech, industry and business audiences. You can also find Carla on Twitter at @carlajohnson.
We hope you’ll join us on Friday – it’s sure to be a great event.