Creating and maintaining an active, engaged and effective social media presence enables a business to connect with prospects and customers in a manner that humanizes your brand and allows for immediate, real-time interaction. Not only does social media allow you to connect with and serve your customers—these channels are an ideal way with which to reach prospective consumers on the search for solutions who haven’t yet committed to a purchase. BINGO—lead generation (and by the way, you should know that when I wrote that word the song that has the refrain “and Bingo was his name-o” immediately started running through my head). You’re welcome for that.
Now that you’re thinking about social media and lead gen, the million-dollar question remains: How do you do it? And that’s where we’ll point you to our friends at Marketo. Jason Miller’s eBook, How To Optimize Your Social Channels For Lead Generation, is jam-packed with the info and tips you need to create a social strategy that helps you maximize various channels for lead generation—or helps you fine-tune an existing strategy so that you can vastly increase your lead gen potential. Here’s a sampling of topics included in Jason’s book:
- How to effectively engage on Facebook so that Edge Rank works for you.
- How to use Twitter to spread the word about your business or brand by having continuous, real time engagement with existing and prospective customers.
- How to add value with LinkedIn by finding new information and networking opportunities.
- How Slideshare could (and should) be an effective part of your social media strategy.
- How you can use YouTube to raise your brand awareness, demonstrate products, share knowledge and humanize your business.
- Why Google+ should play a part in your social media strategy.
For an additional sneak peek of what you’ll learn, check out Jason’s accompanying presentation on SlideShare:
We’re fans of Jason’s eBook because it gives you an in-depth look at several social channels that have proven to be impactful, especially for those in the B2B space. And no matter what channel you’re using, you’ll soon pick up on the core message of the book: peer-to-peer marketing is becoming increasingly valuable. Consumers have a lot of information at their disposal, much of which helps influence their buying decisions. And by expanding your social footprint, you can better position your brand or business to take advantage of this information-sharing to develop brand advocates and give them the power and visibility to help increase your sales.
So what are you waiting for? Head over and download Jason’s eBook right this second—trust me, you’ll be glad you did. And when you’ve finished reading it, stop back by and let me know what you thought.